Frozen Pipe Bursts
Why Pipe Freezing is a Problem
Freezing temperatures, especially in winter, can sometimes subject water to below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. At such low temperatures, water normally turns into a solid, thereby blocking water flow. The considerable amount of pressure that accumulates at the point of blockage due to the expanded mass of ice subjects the pipes to tensional forces that rip the pipe apart. The water accumulated upstream from the blocked area in the pipe, therefore, leaks until appropriate repairs are done. That's where SERVPRO of Bellaire, Kalkaska, Lake City & Grayling comes in. We specialize in water removal, water damage restoration, and mitigation.
Pipes that freeze most frequently are:
- Pipes that are exposed to severe cold, like outdoor hose bibs, swimming pool supply lines, and water sprinkler lines.
- Water supply pipes in unheated interior areas like basements and crawl spaces, attics, garages, or kitchen cabinets.
- Pipes that run against exterior walls that have little or no insulation.
If you run into any problems with broken frozen pipes and water is pouring into your home. Give us a call and we can help you!
If you have any questions - call us at (231) 564-4014
Has your basement flooded with water due to the storms and rainfall that we have recently suffered in Northern Michigan?
We can help, call us today at (231) 564-4014. We offer 24 Hour Emergency Services and can respond quickly!
Why Choose SERVPRO of Bellaire, Kalkaska, Lake City & Grayling?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster and offer 24 hour emergency services when your basement floods. We provide services to Antrim, Crawford, Kalkaska, Missaukee, and Roscommon counties daily.
We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us due to a flooded basement. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost to your basement and contents that may have been affected. The fast response of mitigation lessons the effect of possible secondary damages to your property.
We’re Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists and experienced with contents cleaning if your content have gotten wet due to the flooding.
As water damage specialists, we have the experience, expertise, and advanced training that enables us to get your property dried quickly and thoroughly. We use scientific drying principles and provide validation and documentation that your property is dry and the job is complete. Learn about our water damage training and certificates.
We Use Advanced Drying Equipment and Techniques
We invest in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your home more quickly and to minimize cost. This equipment allows us to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water quickly and efficiently. We also utilize professional-strength cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products for cleaning and sanitize the affected water damage area for your comfort and safety.
If you are experiencing flooding in your basement due to the heavy rainfall and live in Antrim, Crawford, Kalkaska, Missaukee, and Roscommon counties, don't wait to call!
Water Damage in Bellaire, Kalkaska, Lake City or Grayling?
Have Water or Flood Damage to your home and live in Bellaire, Kalkaska, Lake City or Grayling?
We offer 24 Hour Emergency Services
Our technicians are uniformed and trained. Our Team at SERVPRO of Bellaire, Kalkaska, Lake City & Grayling is ready to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your commercial or residential property. We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
Please follow our tips outlined in the Water Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide to protect yourself and your property.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call Us Today –
Do you have water damage in your home in Lake City?
Have you experienced a water damage to your home in Lake City?
Our highly trained and IICRC certified technicians are ready to respond immediately to your water damage to your home in Lake City. We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home and mitigate quickly and properly. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to extract and find the water and what has been affected, and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will monitor the drying process daily with professional documentation to ensure your property is back to pre loss condiition.
After any water damage in your home, your primary focus should be safety first, please utilize these tips below:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
- Where did the water come from, it can be contaminated.
Have any questions? Give us a call us at 231-564-4014
We offer 24 hour emergency services and will do a complimentary inspection!