Post Fire Do's and Dont's
Once you have gotten over the shock of a house fire, we want to leave you with a couple of tips that will help out your situation.
What Not to Do After a House Fire
- Do not enter your home until you’re given permission that it is safe.
- Do not turn on gas, water or electric utilities until a professional has deemed them safe.
- Do not start or move your vehicle if it has been damaged.
- Do not try to clean any of the smoke or soot damage yourself. Leave that to professionals who have the proper safety equipment and experience.
What to Do After a House Fire
- Get permission from Fire Department officials before you re-enter the fire-damaged structure.
- Contact family members and loved ones to inform them of the accident.
- Attend to frightened pets and ensure their safety and comfort.
- Call all utility providers (electric, gas, water) and inform them of the fire.
- Call your homeowners insurance company to begin the claim process.
- Call the professionals at SERVPRO to help get the fire mitigation and restoration process started. We are available 24/7/365.