Fall Home Preparation
With sweater weather quickly upon us, SERVPRO wants to make sure you and your home are ready to take on the shift in weather. Below are some tips that we recommend following during the fall months before winter quickly settles upon us.
- Clean or possibly replace your gutters
- Check for drafts
- Eyeball your roof to ensure no roof problems before snow begins to fall
- Drain your outdoor faucets
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Have your furnace inspected
- Check your furnace and replace filters
- Check water drainage
- Look up your chimney to ensure no blockages and make sure your damper is working
- Check to ensure your winter equipment is in working condition
When the last of summer's heat is a faint memory, and you're pulling out your hoodies more than your shorts, it's time to tackle a few of these simple chores that'll make winter more pleasant and prevent some nasty surprises next spring.